IBGE: more than 72% of Brazilians had difficulty

Between 2017 and 2018, around 72.4% of the Brazilian population lived in families that said they had some degree of difficulty in defraying monthly expenses. This is what the 2017-2018 Family Budget Survey (POF) shows, released this Thursday (19) by the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE).

Of this contingent, 58.3% were in centers that said they had “difficulty”, while 14.1% said they had “very difficult”, 26.5% had “ease” and only 1.1% were from families with “very ease”. ” to cover the bills until the end of the month.

When considering the universe of Brazilians from families with a black or brown reference person, the IBGE identified that 9.7% had great difficulty and 34.7% had difficulty managing the monthly expenses, reaching a total of 44.4 % of the population belonging to nuclei with some degree of financial difficulty and headed by black or brown people.

Compared with the situation of white people, in families led by someone with this profile, 4.2% had great difficulty and 22.8% had difficulty, configuring a contingent of 27% of the country’s population with some difficulty in coping with monthly expenses.

The IBGE also researched the situation of Brazilians in the comparison between the sexes and observed that the percentage of the population linked to nuclei that said they had a lot of difficulty practically did not oscillate between the groups, being 7% both when the family was led by a man and in cases where the reference person was a woman.

The researchers noticed, however, that there is a considerable difference between these groups when it comes to those who spend the month “easy” to pay the bills: families led by men with this profile represent 17.5% of the population, while those with this assessment and that are led by women are concentrated in 9%.

The overview also shows that, in the 2017-2018 biennium, a total of 46.2% of the Brazilian population belonged to family nuclei with delays in paying at least one monthly bill due to budgetary difficulties.

Experts identified that 37.5% of the population had delayed water, electricity or gas bills, while 26.6% had delayed commitments related to goods and services and 7.8% had experienced the problem with regard to rent or provision of the immobile.

The time interval researched (2017-2018) by the IBGE falls within the context of the Temer government (2016-2018), a period in which Brazil experienced a worsening of the socioeconomic crisis that had dragged on since 2015.

Edition: Leandro Melito

Deixe um comentário

O seu endereço de e-mail não será publicado. Campos obrigatórios são marcados com *